Immaculate Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust Apple Pie
In case you haven’t noticed by all the pumpkin spice lattes, boots, and sweaters on instagram, fall is upon us! There’s something about fall that makes me want to throw on an apron, head to the kitchen, and bake something scrumptious! (As I was reading through some old posts, I just realized I said the exact same thing last year! If I said it twice, it must be true!)I’m not too big on pumpkin so, to me, apple pies scream fall! We went apple picking the other day so, since our house had ALL THE APPLES (that got turned into apple sauce, dried apples, apple pie filling, apple/blackberry jam…), I figured I needed to throw together an apple pie.
Since I’ve never made a successfully yummy pie crust (those things are HARD), I decided I needed to experiment a little. I mean, if an experiment goes wrong it’s not my fault. It’s a failed experiment, I’m not a failure. You feeling me? (Maybe I need to base my worth off more than being able to make a pie crust…)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust Apple Pie
2 Packages Immaculate Baking Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (I never said this recipe was good for you…)
6 Cups Sliced Apples
3/4 Cups Sugar
2 TBSP Flour
1 TSP Cinnamon
1/4 TSP Nutmeg
1/4 TSP Salt
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a pie pan with cooking spray. Flatten out first package of Immaculate Baking Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough into a circle and place on bottom of pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Combine filling ingredients (all ingredients minus cookie dough and cooking spray) and fill pie crust.
4. Flatten out second package of Immaculate Baking Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough into a circle and place on top of pie filling. Press edges together to seal and cut a few slits in the top.
5. Place in oven and bake for half an hour.
6. Remove from oven, cover edges in tin foil, and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven again, slice, and enjoy!
I love using Immaculate Baking Cookie Dough for this recipe! Immaculate Baking Company has an awesome mission to create wholesome baking products – many of which are certified gluten-free or organic. In fact, the cookie dough I used happened to be gluten-free! They’re perfect for when you want quick and easy cookies – or when you want to get creative with a pie! The ideas of what you can do with this dough are endless!!! Make sure to check them out for your holiday baking needs!
How do you feel about an out of the box pie idea?