Bumpity Bump Bump

July 29, 2014

20 Weeks Time for another bump update!  As of yesterday I’m 23 weeks along and I can’t believe we’re already over halfway there.  This pregnancy has flown by!  (I’m sure it will stop flying by come November, of course)  The past few weeks have been so different than my first trimester and it’s been so fun to experience another side of pregnancy. +  I felt Caleb move at about 14 1/2 weeks.  I was in the bathtub relaxing and all of a sudden I felt a little flutter in my stomach.  A few days later I felt it again and, at the next appointment with my midwife, she said she was pretty sure what I was feeling was him.  At about 16 weeks I began to feel him ALL THE TIME!  He wiggles day and night.  It’s so fun to feel him and to get to know his little personality a little bit.  It’s crazy but he HATES things being on my stomach.  If I’m resting my computer or a mug on my stomach he’ll kick at it until it’s taken away.  He’s even started kicking if my seatbelt is a little tight. +  At 17 weeks I took a road trip out to Boise, Idaho to visit my best friend, her husband, and their (at the time) five week old little girl.  It was so fun to catch up with her and love on her baby.  One of the best parts of the visit, though, was to really experience the fact that Caleb could hear.  Every time little Gracie would cry Caleb would start wiggling around.  He did not like his friend crying!  The next time sound really affected him was on the 4th of July.  When the fireworks started the noise woke him up and he wasn’t a fan.  The whole 20 minutes of the fireworks show he was doing summersaults in my belly. +  At 19 1/2 weeks, on our anniversary, Nate and I went in to find out the gender!  (We’re having a BOY!)  It was so fun to get to see him wiggling around in there and try to guess which of our features he has.  We’re so thankful that he’s healthy and doing well and growing like crazy! +  At 20 weeks, Nate and I went up to Spokane to visit my family and it was HOT!  I probably wasn’t drinking enough water and I definitely was on my feet a ton.  At the end of the weekend my ankles were swollen like crazy!  I was shocked that my ankles could get that big.  After getting back, putting my feet up, and drinking tons of water, my ankles got back down to mostly their normal size.  And no, I don’t have any pictures of my swollen ankles.  #youreverywelcome +  Just a few days after getting back from Spokane, Nate FINALLY got to feel Caleb move.  It had seemed as though he should have been able to feel him for about two weeks but every time Caleb started wiggling and I had Nate put his hand on my stomach, our little stinker would stop moving.  It was ridiculous!  Finally, one night while getting to bed (at about 1 in the morning since Nate had to work LATE), Caleb started kicking around and didn’t stop when Nate put his hand on my stomach.  It was such a special time for Nate to get “introduced” to his son.  Since then Nate’s been able to feel him a few more times. +  About a week ago, I had another bleeding scare.  The whole situation is a little TMI and I’m not going to go into it on here but basically it boiled down to one night bleeding quite a bit and not being able tell exactly where the blood was coming from.  After the initial flow, there wasn’t any more blood, I hadn’t had any cramping at all, and I was still feeling Caleb wiggling away so Nate and I decided to wait until the next morning for me to call my midwife when the office opened up.  When I called the next morning they listened to what happened (which was embarrassing because it involved so many more bodily functions than I’m comfortable talking about), looked over the ultrasound that I had just over a week before then, and reviewed my chart.  They said I had hemorrhoids and they had ruptured – hence the blood.  As annoying and uncomfortable and scary the whole situation was, I’m more than thankful that it was only hemorrhoids and everything with the pregnancy itself was fine. +  Just yesterday I found my first stretch mark.  Let’s just say that no one is looking at my love handles again for a very long time.  (Ok, Nate’s allowed to…  But he’s the only one) All in all, I’m still loving (for the most part) this whole being pregnant thing and can’t wait for November to meet little Caleb! 20 Week Collage

37 Comments

• Robyn B

July 29, 2014 at 12:25 pm

November really isn't that far away!!! 🙂

• Chelsea Phelps

July 29, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I can't believe you are over halfway there! You look so good!

• Amy Simcox

July 29, 2014 at 1:18 pm

You are the cutest pregnant lady! So glad to hear the bleeding scare was just a scare. How fun that Caleb is so active!

• Katie

July 29, 2014 at 1:39 pm

so fun to see how fast he is growing! i love the photo collage with all the weeks together… it's only going to get better!

• Katrin

July 29, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Time is flying by! Glad you are doing fine! You look adorable!

• Caroline

July 29, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Looking great momma!

• Always Maylee

July 29, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Can't believe you're halfway already! You look amazing, love the baby bump!

xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

• Katie

July 29, 2014 at 3:50 pm

you are so cute!! yeah for half way! and how scary – so glad everything is okay!

• Jen

July 29, 2014 at 4:54 pm

I am so glad that it wasn't anything serious!

• Angela

July 29, 2014 at 4:58 pm

You're the cutest! What an exciting journey we are on! I can't wait to feel my baby, and to look more pregnant! haha (I might take that back later on….)

• Amy

July 29, 2014 at 5:20 pm

you are gorgeous! seriously…such a beautiful pregnant woman!

• Rachel

July 29, 2014 at 6:02 pm

You're getting closer and closer to meeting your boy!

• Becky Dougherty

July 29, 2014 at 8:49 pm

I'm pretty sure November will be here before most of us are ready for it! It's so exciting to read about all of the things you're experiencing, and you look adorable! :

• Jennifer Prod

July 29, 2014 at 9:15 pm

aww, your bump is so, so sweet! and your joy is just as much in your smile as in your writing – this baby is lucky to be so loved <3

• Rachel Lynn

July 29, 2014 at 10:49 pm

It will stop flying by when you get close to your due date….or overdue! I hit 41 weeks today and its feels like each day is dragging by…I just want him to show up already!

I'm glad you're feeling better and everything is going well with you! I would highly recommend THIS STUFF for your belly. And drinking LOTS of water to help/prevent stretch marks. Sometimes it's just genetics, but my mom got stretch marks from her pregnancies and I have survived this one w/out any.

My Wholesome Home

• henning love

July 29, 2014 at 11:00 pm

yay bump!!! you are so so cute, love that bump

• jackie jade

July 30, 2014 at 1:41 am

looking great! and love that you're loving your pregnancy 🙂

• The Lady Okie

July 30, 2014 at 6:00 pm

You look great! Such an exciting time. I'm glad Nate finally got to feel him move!

• Diana

July 30, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Ooooh this is too cute! November, wow, just a few more months. I'm so excited! 🙂

• Jessica

July 30, 2014 at 6:32 pm

You look so beautiful. It sounds like an amazing journey.

• Seana Turner

July 30, 2014 at 7:37 pm

I remember the ankle thing… I was moving into a new apartment. I remember staring down and thinking "those can't be mine!" LOL So glad you are doing well. Very exciting to anticipate the arrival of a precious life. Blessings – and stay off your feet!!

• Caitlin | belong with wildflowers

July 30, 2014 at 7:53 pm

It's already almost November… yay for getting so close to your baby's arrival! And I'm sorry to hear about the hemorrhoids — what a scary situation. All of my friends with kids got hemorrhoids during their pregnancy + afterwards — they all swore by ice packs + hot baths. Best of luck to you!

• Midnight Cowgirl

July 30, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Such a lovely update! Glad you are all doing well 🙂

• Finley S

July 31, 2014 at 10:57 am

your looking gorgeous and incredibly happy!! Love seeing you grow 🙂

• Angel The Alien

July 31, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I love it that he is already starting to show his personality! And when he gets older, you can tell him and Gracie that they were already friends even before Caleb was born!

• Bailey Kay

July 31, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Wow I can't believe you're halfway there!

• Summer Nicole

August 1, 2014 at 3:16 am

You look great lady! I am so glad Caleb is healthy and growing strong! Love you!

• Charity

August 1, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Aww I love this update. Realizing the babies could hear was my most joyous experience. They reacted to the loud music at church. It was incredible. So glad all is well with the little one.

• Jayda

August 1, 2014 at 5:04 pm

You look so cute! I love your outfit too 🙂 So fun that you can experience your son's personality already! It's amazing how fast that happens!

• Angie’s Angle

August 2, 2014 at 12:21 am

Look at you, you are looking so cute.
    I love that he is moving around so much and Nate has been able to feel him, finally!

• rika@vm

August 2, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Congratulations with your pregnancy! You are almost there, susannah!

• Krysten Quiles

August 3, 2014 at 8:52 pm

You are GLOWING. You look so so happy!

• Stephanie

August 4, 2014 at 4:43 pm

You are looking beautiful! Sharing the kicks with the hubs is seriously one of my favorite moments. Sometimes I take for granted all the kicking because I feel it ALL the time. Burt watching Tom feel it too is just magical!

• Hena Tayeb

August 5, 2014 at 3:28 pm

aww you look so cute. aren't those kicks just the best.. towards the end they get so much stronger..
    thank god the bleeding was not anything majorly serious.. stay well

• Lauren

August 5, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Look how cute you are! and those kicks are truly the best! And seriously, what a blessing that the bleeding wasn't anything more serious! I had hemorrhoids after Elyse's delivery (one of those totally not glamorous things) and they were so not welcome! ha!

• Stephanie @ Life, Unexpectedly

August 6, 2014 at 8:58 pm

So excited for you, Susannah! Yay, a boy, and another C-name 🙂 The bleeding indeed sounds scary, I wouldn't have managed waiting all night before calling the midwife. A few weeks ago I fell down the stairs and even though baby was moving fine and I didn't hit my tummy or back but slid down very gracefully on my butt, I went to the emergency clinic just to make sure that everything was fine (according to the doctor, little baby was absolutely unimpressed by my adventures). Wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy!! Oh, and all of my babies have been stinkers and didn't want to let Daddy, or anyone else feel them move in the beginning!!

• Kyomm || Vow. Move. Live.

August 8, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Haven't been online for a while so this is a delight to read 🙂 Susannah!!!

Comments are closed.