Toilet Paper Roll Turkeys
Affiliate links are used in this post
Thanksgiving always seems to sneak up on me. One minute we’re trick-or-treating, then we’re celebrating the birthdays of my son and me, and then, all of a sudden, Thanksgiving is here. Usually I try to center the month of November around Thankfulness. Last year I even put together a Thankful Tree for Caleb and me to record our daily moment of thankfulness. Unfortunately, this year I am way behind and haven’t even thought about Thanksgiving until this week. Since I’m not doing a daily thankfulness activity with Caleb, I figured we needed to do something Thanksgiving… And the toilet paper roll turkey was born.
As you’ll see, the first step to creating this thanksgiving craft is painting. Josiah is only a year and a half but I’m convinced he thinks he’s days away from being four, just like his big brother. When I pulled out the paint, he insisted he join in on the painting fun. Thankfully I have my favorite paint in the whole wide world that I gush about all the time and was more than willing to let my crazy little man join in since this stuff washes off better than anything I’ve ever experienced before. Get yourself some if you have young kids. You won’t regret it!
Toilet Paper Roll Turkeys
Toilet Paper Roll
Orange and Red Construction Paper
1. Allow your child to paint the computer paper however they wish using Thanksgiving colors like orange, yellow, red, and brown.
2. Once they’re happy with what they’ve done, set the paper aside until paint is dry – usually a few hours.
3. Draw feather shapes on your child’s painting, making sure to get as much of the paint as possible in each feather and let your child cut them out.
4. Glue feathers to the back of the toilet paper roll.
5. Cut out a piece of orange construction paper to look like a beak and a piece of red construction paper to look like a snood (you know, the thing that hangs off the turkey’s neck). Glue them and the googlie eyes onto the front of the turkey.
What is your favorite Thanksgiving craft to do with your little ones?
100 Things to do with Toilet Paper Rolls – Simple Moments Stick
April 29, 2020 at 12:59 pm
[…] 17. Turkeys […]
Fun Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids – All the Lovely Lemons
May 4, 2020 at 1:41 pm
[…] easy and entertaining craft kids will love are these Toilet Paper Roll Turkeys from Simple Moments Stick! This one is an awesome go-to! It’s simple for the younger toddlers to finish with a bit of […]
25 Fall Crafts for Kids | Simply Bessy | Kids Crafts and Activities
August 29, 2020 at 3:48 pm
[…] TOILET PAPER ROLL TURKEYS from Simple Moments Stick […]
Comments are closed.