Loaded Mexican Fries
This post is sponsored by McCain Potatoes but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Looking for the best game day (or any day) appetizer? This loaded Mexican fries recipe is just what you need! You’re not going to want to miss out on making these skillet loaded fries! Your football loving friends will thank you!
In case you guys haven’t picked up on it, we’re not football fans in my home. That being said, we’re definitely football FOOD fans! Give me all the grease, carbs, and happiness. I’m fine with being the person in my friend group who provides food and conversation for the big game while everyone else is actually watching. As long as people stay quiet during the commercials you have a happy girl on your hands.
One of the simplest game day treats that makes the biggest impact is loaded fries. I mean, they look and taste so complicated but take no time at all to put together. Plus, there are so many ways you can go with skillet loaded fries. You could do cheese fries, gravy fries, or, my personal favorite, Mexican fries!
Simply starting off by cooking up a bag of McCain Extra Crispy Crinkle Fries and adding all the toppings is how you do game day right! Top the fries with cheese, ground meat, veggies, salsa, and sour cream and you have yourself a winning appetizer! Whether you love spice or want things mild, playing with layers of toppings and making this dish your own is where it’s at! There are so many combinations you could use to create the perfect dish for your celebration!
Grab everything you need to make this winning dish at Walmart! You can find McCain Seasoned Curly Fries, McCain Extra Crispy Crinkle Fries, and McCain Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Fries in the frozen aisle. They are all so convenient to pull out of the freezer, pop in the oven, and serve! I love that people can think I slaved away in my kitchen when, really, I had this dish done in no time!
Loaded Mexican Fries
- 1 Bag McCain Extra Crispy Crinkle Fries
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cayanne
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Jalapeno
- Cubed Avocado
- Chopped Green Onion
- Combine oregano, onion powder, and cayanne seasonings in a large bowl.
- Open bag of McCain Extra Crispy Crinkle Fries and pour into bowl with seasonings. Mix until fries are coated.
- Bake fries according to package instructions.
- While fries are baking, brown ground turkey with the taco seasoning.
- After fries are finished cooking, top them with the browned ground turkey and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
What’s your favorite game day recipe?
What type of loaded fries are your favorite to make?
If You Liked This Post You Might Also Enjoy:
- How to Make a Football Game at Home
- Seven Layer Chip Dip For the Big Game
- Ways to Enjoy the Superbowl Without Really Watching